Social Media is a vital business marketing tool. Particularly when RSS Feeds are responsible for feeding your social media content, it becomes more important to utilize interesting photos to make your content pop. dlvr.it can help you create interesting and striking posts to draw views into your links by utilizing photo posting from your RSS Feeds.
Please note: As of August 1, 2018, dlvr.it is no longer able to support posting to Facebook profiles. For more information, check out our support document.
1) Click on the Social Media icon on the top of your dlvr.it dashboard
2) Click on the social account you want to turn on photo posting
3) Click on Edit
4) Click on the Advanced tab
5) Toggle the Post As Photo
6) Click Save
Photo Posting Specs
- Minimum image dimensions: 150 x 150 pixels
- Maximum media file size: 3 MB (max media file size that can be posted to Twitter via API.)
- Supported Media Types: jpg, png, gif
dlvr.it looks for images to post in the following order:
1. Images in feed item body
2. Feed item media enclosures
3. Scan the page linked to in the RSS items to look for the OpenGraph tags.
At each step we look for the first image that meets our requirements (file type, size min / max). If no requirements are meant, the photo will not post.
Please also note that Facebook has disallowed services from choosing their own photos when we are posting a shared link. The images that Facebook posts will be taken from your OpenGraph tags.