First, if you have a WordPress hosted site, Jetpack will be pre-installed for you, so no need to do anything. You're all set. Just connect your WordPress account to dlvr.it, and no need to do anything more.
If you need to install Jetpack, you will need to be an Admin. If you're not an Admin and need to install Jetpack, please discuss installing Jetpack with your Admin. Please follow the instructions below to install the Plugin:
- Log in to your site’s Dashboard (e.g. http://www.yourgroovydomain.com/wp-admin)
- In the left panel, click “Plugins”, then click “Add New”.
- Search for “Jetpack” — the latest version will appear at the top of the list of results. Jetpack has three different plan versions. There is an option for a Free plan.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
- Wait for the installation to finish, then click the “Activate” button.
- Click the “Connect to WordPress.com” button. Login with your WordPress.com account or create an account.
- Login with your WordPress.com account (or create one) and click “Authorize Jetpack”
- Click the “Approve” button and wait for the connection process to finish.
- Select your plan. You can select the free option with the "Start with Free" option underneath the paid options. You will be returned to your site’s Dashboard and see the message “Your Jetpack site is ready to go!”
Note: these instructions can also be found at this link.
If you're a user of a blog that already has Jetpack installed, you simply need to connect your WordPress account to the blog.
- Log into your blog site.
- Navigate to the left side of your dashboard, where you will see an option for Jetpack.
- Once you see this, there should be an option to Connect Jetpack to Wordpress.
- Simply click this option, enter your Wordpress account credentials, and Approve. You're all connected now!
If you're still having issues connecting, check out this video tutorial!