Using LinkedIn images can truly make your posts appear more professional. These images will display on LinkedIn, as part of your post. This LinkedIn feature contrasts with Twitter, which only allows up to 140 characters of text (any images are hosted on other services and available via a link in the tweet). The addition of an image can enhance your content and engage users with a visual connection to your headlines and text.
How do I control which thumbnail image is posted to LinkedIn?
Log into your dlvr.it account
1) Click the social icon at the top of the dashboard
2) Clicking LinkedIn will display a sub menu. Click Edit.
3) Scroll to Thumbnail style and select the option you prefer.
- When posting a Shared Link, LinkedIn will automatically detect an image from the page you are sharing and include the thumbnail in your post. LinkedIn retrieves the webpage that the posted URL links to and performs its own internal selection of which thumbnail to display. dlvr.it has no control over which images LinkedIn chooses for display, and they may come from any portion of the page that has been linked.
- If you have control over the content of the destination pages, you can assist LinkedIn with its thumbnail detection by following the information located in the Facebook OpenGraph documentation.
- Auto-Detect From Item Content
- Many publishers embed images in their item content using <img> tags and prefer to use these instead of the images LinkedIn auto-detects. Select “Auto-Detect from Item Content” and dlvr.it will scan your item and include the first valid image we find as the thumbnail. dlvr.it will automatically skip any images which are not at least 25x25 pixels to prevent the selection of social media chicklets and other structural icons. If dlvr.it is unable to validate the images, no thumbnail will be used.
- Some publishers and bloggers prefer to include the same image – say a logo or photo – with each LinkedIn post. Select “Manual” and enter the URL of your image. We’ll include this image with all items posted to Facebook.
- No thumbnails
- Don’t want to include an image with your shared links? Select “No thumbnails” and we’ll post your content as shared links without thumbnail images
dlvr.it will now start posting images to LinkedIn based on your selection.