dlvr.it can automatically add your feed items' category tags to your Google+ Pages posts as hashtags, making your posts more discoverable and visible on Google+ We'll find your feed item's category tags, and based on your rules, we'll automatically add those to your posts as hashtags.
For instance, if your feed item has the category tags iPhone, Kittens, and Videos, you can configure dlvr.it to automatically add the hashtags #iPhone #Kittens #Videos to your Facebook post.
Note: Your feed items must include category tags in order for dlvr.it to automatically add hshtags to your Google+ Page posts.
1) Log into dlvr.it
2) Edit your Google+ destination.
a) Mouse over the Google+ Page you want post hashtags to.
b) several icons will appear
c) click on the edit / pencil icon
--> this will open the editing tools
3) Select the 'Advanced Tab'
4) Set your auto-hashtag settings
- Set the placement of the hashtags (before the content, after the content or inline).
Before content: Hashtags, up to a maximum of 5, will be placed between any defined prefixes and the item content.
- After content: Hashtags, up to a maximum of 5, will be placed after your content ahead of any suffixes added to the item content.
- Inline: If any of the categories are matched in the item text (title or body), the matched text will be turned into a hashtag.
- Set the maximum number of tags.
dlvr.it will include hashtags up to this maximum. dlvr.it will post less than this maximum if a) your feed item includes fewer category tags, or b) there is not enough room in the post to include the maximum number of hashtags.
- Set your blank space handling option
- Hashtags must be a single continuous string of characters without spaces. If your category contains two or more words, separated by spaces, you decide how dlvr.it will handle the spaces when building the hashtag. When 'Remove spaces' is selected, the category Mad Men will be posted as #Madmen. When "Change spaces to underbars' is selected, it is posted as #Mad_Men
5) Make sure your Post Content settings are compatible with hashtags.
You can include hashtags in the following posting styles: a) Status Update and b) Shared Link, with Title / Summary included as comment.
dlvr.it will not add hashtags to a pure Shared Link style post.
Here's are examples of auto hashtags included in a Shared Link + Title included as comment, and the experience of interacting with Google+ hashtags: